LIFE’S DIGITAL BITS, Bronx, NY
01/12 – Present
My life’s mission is to help people use technology to enhance, enrich, and empower their lives. I created Life’s Digital Bits (LDB) to do that. LDB’s purpose is to provide expert personal training and support for common software, hardware, and mobile devices. My goal is to help people get more done, in less time, with less hassle. It is a challenge to stay current in this rapidly changing digital world. LDB is an affordable and timely resource, ensuring that everyday tech users are able to keep up and thrive.
THE COLLEGE BOARD, New York, NY
09/14 – Present
- Currently I am responsible for managing the professional development of the organization’s 1400 employees nationwide and in Puerto Rico. This includes working with division and departments leads to align internal training with business needs, developing the training plan and/or program, sourcing the training and resources, and ensuring follow up support for the trainees. As well as managing the approval and funding of any external training requested by employees. This also includes the responsibility for strategizing easy and timely access to all our learning and development resources with an internal learning infrastructure. I also continue to partner with our corporate service departments on developing and distributing org wide training initiatives
04/09 – 09/14
- Managed the collection and organization of all of Organizational Development’s career development resources. Using my knowledge of web design, knowledge management, and instructional design, I was able to integrate CBU Online, our LMS, with SharePoint and provide essential and convenient access to Organizational Development’s numerous online and digital resources.
- Responsible for managing the training of the organization’s 1300 employees in the Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 suite of applications as well as the organization’s own in-house financial and data software applications. Includes working with departments to gather training requirements, developing the training plan, executing the training, and providing follow-up support for the trainees.
02/07 – 4/09
- Managed the upload of the organization’s training history our new learning management system, CBU Online. Worked with the learning management system integrators to outline upload content and process as our needs dictated as well as cleansed, validated and formatted the data to match the upload requirements.
- Co-led the project of developing training for the organization for the upgrade to Microsoft Office 2007. This included collaborating with the Information Technology department in the analysis, planning, piloting, scheduling, and implementation of the software upgrade and training. The resulting computer-based training module reduced the number of Office 2007 help desk calls to less than 5%.
Technical Training Specialist
02/05 – 02/07
- In an effort to provide a centralized catalog of our training resources that was accessible by the entire organization, I developed a Microsoft Access database that allowed for staff to search and request, download, or access the resources. Also responsible for adding, removing, and ensuring the validity of the data and scheduling and developing enhancements to the database.
SAINT PHILIP NERI SCHOOL, Bronx, NY
08/03 – 6/04
As the school librarian, I reinstituted the school’s library which had not been used for numerous years. This included relocating the library from the basement to the first floor, developing a tracking system for loaning books, creating a Microsoft Access database for implementing the system as well as for searching for books, and analyzing the needs of the school for discarding old books and purchasing new ones. In addition I provided Information Literacy instruction to students in the 6th and 7th grade, and organized and marketed themed library days.
THE BOYS’ CLUB OF NEW YORK, JEFFERSON PARK CLUBHOUSE, New York, NY
Information Technology Instructor
02/01 – 03/04
I worked with the clubhouse’s Educational Director to transform their computer offerings into the clubhouse’s very first Technology Center Program. The program included training curricula for teaching young men aged six to twenty in computer hardware, software and web design. I was responsible for the maintaining the computers in the lab including software updates, hardware upgrades, purchasing of equipment, and inventory. I also provided training and technical support to various other departments in the clubhouse.
THE CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK SEEK TUTORIAL CENTER, New York, NY
05/00 – 07/02
I was responsible for coordinating the tutoring of the students in the SEEK program by matching students with tutors by subject and level, recruiting new tutors, and reporting progress and attendance to Student Counselors. In addition, I supervised a staff of twenty-five tutors overseeing their attendance and paperwork and escalating major problems to the Center Director. To facilitate the management of the tutoring, I also developed an Access database to coordinate the tutoring schedules of the students and tutors.
VAN NEST LANES JUNIOR BOWLING LEAGUE, Bronx, NY
Certified Level II USA Junior Olympic Coach
09/01 – 05/12
I instructed younger children and coached older children in the sport of bowling while I assisted the league director in record keeping and league management duties.
TRIBORO YOUTH BOWLING ASSOCIATION, Bronx, NY
Vice President and Tournament Director
05/06 – Present
The Triboro Youth Bowling Association is the local youth chapter of the United States Bowling Congress and serves the youth bowling programs of the Bronx and Manhattan. I am the liaison between the bowling programs and the Board of Directors on issues of bowling rules and tournament policies. I am the Tournament Director responsible for the planning, setup and logistics, running, and results tallying of the association’s tournaments.
COLLEGE BOUND JUNIOR BOWLERS, Yonkers, NY
Certified Level II USA Junior Olympic Coach
09/12 – Present
The College Bound Junior Bowlers is a local bowling league in the city of Yonkers. There, I coach youth from ages 4-20 in the sport of bowling. I also assist the head coach with the weekly league administration and manage the league’s social media and web presence.
Tech Skills and Certifications
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10; Android and Windows Phone
Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and SharePoint; Google Applications; Adobe Acrobat Professional; Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Chrome
Adobe Captivate and Authorware, Articulate Presenter, Storyline, and Replay, and iSpring Pro
Adobe Photoshop, Director, Dreamweaver, WordPress, and HTML 5/CSS 3
Extensive Windows hardware troubleshooting and repair, intermediate networking and basic server knowledge
Microsoft Office Master Instructor
Microsoft Office Specialist
in Access, Excel and Excel Expert, Word and Word Expert, and PowerPoint
NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, New York, NY
Masters of Science in Education, Instructional Technology
THE CITY COLLEGE OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts, New Media Design